Many of our readers request positive stories about schools and students. We think you will appreciate our new report on the innovations that are taking place in Reynoldsburg City Schools.
In the course of preparing this report, we found that:
- Reynoldsburg City Schools improved academically despite the percentage of students who are economically disadvantaged increasing from 26 percent in 2007 to 38 percent in 2012.
- Every Reynoldsburg school had a Performance Index Score above 94 (out of 120) and a poverty rate above 18 percent.
- The district has developed one of the largest STEM pipelines in the country with 2,150 students K-12 now enrolled in STEM schools.
- The district has found innovative ways to provide choice to all students with an annual per-pupil spending of $9,300.
- Reynoldsburg students discovered how to keep sidewalks geese free.